Wigtown Festival Company is seeking an experienced Public Relations specialist to support its year-round programme of activities in literature and the associated arts. This will involve liaising with regional and national print and broadcast media, including (but not limited to) the preparation and distribution of press releases. The commission does not include PR activity for the annual Wigtown Book Festival.
The commission will include PR support for, but not limited to:
· Wigtown Writers’ Gathering (May)
· Wigtown Spring Book Weekend (May)
· Spring Fling / Wigtown Book Festival Writer in Residency & Artist in Residence (May/September)
· Book Week Scotland programme (November/December)
· The Kist events (May/September/November)
· Wigtown Poetry Competition (October – May)
· Ryan Youth Theatre (year-round)
· Any other activity developed as part of the company’s year-round and region-wide programme (year-round)
The initial commission is for a period of one year from 1 July 2015 – 30 June 2016. Applications in writing to: Anne Barclay, Operational Director, Wigtown Festival Company, County Buildings, Wigtown, DG8 9JH or email@example.com. The closing date: 5pm on Friday 19 June 2015. Pricing guide: £1,800.