In literature, the distinction between amateur and professional can sometimes be hard to draw. Literature Development in the region attempts to encompass both worlds. We aim to:
- create new audiences for literature
- gain support for the art form from a wider range of venues and arts organisations
- build the region’s capacity to support writers
- find creative ways to generate text-based art work
- develop and nurture young people’s interest in the spoken and written word
We also celebrate our three of the languages of Scotland – Lowland Scots, Gaelic and English – through events and new writing. Find out about Literature Development in Dumfries & Galloway at www.dgwordplace.co.uk.
Southlight Magazine features the best of the region’s poetry, prose, literary interviews and illustration, with guest contributors from the rest of Scotland and further afield. You can also find them on Facebook.
Opportunities for writers
If you are a writer and wish to know about writing opportunities, go to the Wigtown Writers’ Gathering Facebook page